The Swaliga Foundation is looking for a STEAM Educator (Graphic Design) to help deliver its #STEAMtheBlock™ program after school. The ideal candidate will work approx. 5-10 hrs per week at an assigned school or community center. Swaliga STEAM Educators will teach basic core competency math and science principles as it relates to graphic design; introduce and/or improve knowledge of 21 century technology concepts; develop critical thinking skills and expose elementary and/or middle school aged youth to various STEAM professions and professionals.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Engage, motivate and teach learners using the patented #STEAMtheBlock™ curriculum developed by the Swaliga Foundation.
- Attend scheduled training sessions and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Encourage the use of critical thinking and creativity in middle school aged males.
- Work as a liaison between the Swaliga Foundation and the school faculty
- Work as a liaison between the Swaliga Foundation and other STEAM professionals invited to participate in the program.
- Communicate with parents of students participating in the program.
- Collect and organize data to evaluate the program.
- Maintain equipment and manage supplies.
Knowledge / Skills Required:
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Graphic Design or STEM related field preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate key basic principles of mathematics and science using various activities and methods
- Ability to positively engage, motivate, and teach elementary and middle school aged learners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer and Technology skills including: Adobe Suite, Photoshop
- Must have at least one year experience working with young children
- Requires the ability to stand, speak, hear and use a personal computer for standard business communications, and the ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to travel independently to program sites or other training sites, meetings, conferences, and other locations as requested.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.